Jobs with Reel Stories
Intern/Mentor this Summer with Camp Reel Stories
Reel Stories is looking for Producers! Just like a movie producer who oversees and supports the completion of a film, a “producer” at our programs supports a team of 4-6 High School girls as they make a film over the course of two weeks. A Producer will be responsible for facilitating their group discussions in their creative process, and helping them to stay on task and challenging them to communicate their ideas clearly. A Producer is also responsible for reminding them to uphold camp policies. You are alternately a mentor, teacher, friend, and collaborator depending on the day. This role is fun, high-energy, and completely integral to the success of the program!!!
SHARED VALUES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Support Reel Stories in bringing their mission statement to life in innovative ways
- Commit to building a community of people who are actively supporting the work of women in the film industry
- Demonstrate professionalism and accountability
- Take initiative to analyze and solve problems
- Treat others with courtesy and respect
- Communicate kindly, constructively and directly with co-workers and supervisors
- Offer constructive feedback to make the program better
- Must be a college student
- Must attend Mentor Training, Saturday before camp begins (Session 1 Training: June 15th, and Session 2 Training: July 13th.
- Commit for the following summer beginner filmmaking camps: Session 1: June 17-28 and/or Session 2: July 15-26, each camp runs for 2 weeks, M-F from 8:30am-4:00pm
- Background check required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for leading transitions between classes and workshops
- Passionate about helping the campers to realize their vision
- Technical skills in filmmaking or youth leadership experience desired but not necessary
- As a mentor, you’ll be the main person that the team will ask for help, for advice, technical issues, group dynamic issues, etc. like a camp counselor.
- Lunch will be provided for Producers and Associate Producers
- Attend the same seminars that the students do which are led by leading film professionals on a range of topics (storyboarding, documentary filmmaking, audio, editing, ).
- Be a part of Reel Stories’ community that supports the next generation for female filmmakers!
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. People of color encourage to apply.
We also have volunteer positions in Oakland and Los Angeles, learn more here……