We’re looking for a Program Manager!
The Program Manager serves a key role in helping Reel Stories implement Bay Area programs. The Program Manager manages, innovates, and implements all Oakland and near-by educational programs, including summer camps and after school programs, and serves as the primary contact for youth participants during programs. The ideal staff will bring strong organizational skills, dedication to the Reel Stories mission and vision, media production experience, and an enthusiasm for working with youth. This position is responsible for planning educational programs, directing outreach efforts, managing program registration, and implementing the programs themselves. This position facilitates a positive experience for youth and coordinates additional instructors (such as media instructors) and volunteers.
Reel Stories is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion not just in the world of film, but in our own organization. Members of underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply for this position.
SHARED VALUES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Support Reel Stories in bringing the mission to life in innovative ways
- Commit to building a community of people who are actively supporting the work of women in the film industry
- Demonstrate professionalism and accountability
- Take initiative to analyze and solve problems
- Treat others with courtesy and respect
- Communicate kindly, constructively, and directly with co-workers and supervisors
- Offer constructive feedback to make the program better
- Be a “people person” with excellent written and in-person communication skills
- Ability to be flexible with your weekly schedule/availability
- Self-motivated and able to work alone successfully and efficiently
- Ability to work collaboratively with your supervisor and other staff members
- Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy, and exceptional enthusiasm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the Reel Stories Media Curriculum for various workshops and media creation events including weekend workshops, in school programs and our signature Reel Stories Summer Program for middle school and high school aged girls.
- Ensure curriculum is responsive to members’ interests, rigorous, culturally relevant, and incorporates the Reel Stories guiding principals’
- Represent Reel Stories mission, vision, and values to potential implementation partners.
- Plan and run community programs that are scheduled for the season.
- Answer inquiries from website visitors, program registrants and volunteer inquires.
- Assess volunteer skills and availability to move them into an appropriate programming role.
- Create relationships with companies and events that would make good program partners
- Create relationships with potential site partners for program expansion
- Work with development and graphics team to craft marketing collateral.
- Use your creativity and unique skill set to find new ways to bring awareness of RS programs and offerings
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- College graduate
- Five years of experience working with youth
- Two years of experience working in media
- Strong organizational skills
- Enthusiasm for working with youth
- Experience producing summer camps, afterschool programs or other events of a similar intensity.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, dental/vision, and a flexible work schedule and environment.
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with“Program Manager” as the subject line.